Sunday, June 17, 2012

Smoothie recipe #1

I've been getting many people asking me for a good smoothie recipe.  So, below I am going to list one of my favorite smoothies for you.

I don't like to recommend a smoothie as a meal replacement, but rather a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.  Although there are many smoothie options available (high protein, or high carb) I like to combine the best of both worlds and make one with good carbs and good proteins.


THE GREEN MACHINE
Ingredients:

1 cup coconut milk
1 banana
1 organic egg (must be organic - less inflammation)
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 scoop whey protein powder
1 Tsp coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach
water (as needed)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on high for 20 sec.  Then add some crushed ice and water (if needed to thin out a little) and mix on high for 30-60 sec.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

 I have recommended this smoothie to several of my clients and family members.  Some, have never eaten spinach before and say they loved it.  WOW!  Just like that I have introduced a healthy vegetable to a few clients' diet.  

No comments: