Thursday, September 12, 2013

racing, really?

This coming weekend I will be pinning a race number on my bike for the FIRST time this season.  It's hard for me to even say that, because typically I will have done about 15 races by this time of the year.  I honestly can say that I have not missed racing every other weekend, or for that matter training on my bike 4-5 days a week.  I've kept myself busy doing many other activities, and quite frankly have enjoyed it.

I am looking forward to this weekend because I will be racing in one of my favorite areas to ride in Oregon, Oakridge.   The Fat 55 Mountain Bike Marathon MTB is, you guessed it , a 55 mile race.  I have been training for this race for only 1 month, since the beginning of August.  My longest ride has been 2.5 hrs, so it will be interesting to see how my fitness from other activities helps me through this race.  I'm heading down to have fun, but I'm a competitor so I would be lying if I said I didn't want to do well.

It's kind of funny, but the only reason why I am doing this race is because I want to ride in Oakridge.   I wouldn't normally take the time to drive the 2.5-3 hrs down to Oakridge because it's to convenient to just ride form your back door here in Bend and be on a trail in 10 min.  So this way, I at least have an excuse to go down there.  Besides, the 12 rides that I have done have all been on Central Oregon's dusty trails, so it will be nice to ride on some black dirt trails.

Hope to see some familiar faces as I toe the line for my one race.

No comments: