Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Beet smoothie

For the Holiday I want to share a smoothie recipe that will provide lots of antioxidants as well as make for a perfect colorful drink.

This is a favorite of mine and one I personally created.  I have become addicted to eating beets, whether roasting them or putting them in smoothies.  I use my NutriBullet to make this, but any smoothie blender should work fine.


Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup red beets (cut into cube size pieces)
1/2 banana
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup berries (black and blue)
1-2 scoops of protein powder
3/4-1 cup water
3-4 ice cubes
1 tbsp flaxseed

Directions:
Put spinach in blender (or NutriBullet) first, then add the remaining ingredients in any order you want.  You may have to adjust the water depending on how thick you prefer to have it.  I used 3/4 cup and it came out moderately runny.  Any protein powder will work, it helps to thicken it up a little and provides adequate protein for a nutritious snack.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: