Thanks to those who participated in April's Health Questionnaire. I know it was one of the more challenging one's, but some of you did quite well. One person was able to get all questions correct. Congrats to Jami Smith!
Results will be posted May 16th.
Please leave your answers in the Comments section below...
1. Muscle burns more calories than fat because muscle is active and fat is not?
2. What is Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)?
A. The amount of sleep needed to function
B. The amount of calories needed per day for your body to exist
C. The lower end of your heart rate during an interval session
D. Your resting heart rate
3. Plant sterols (a compound found naturally in seeds, nuts, and fruits/vegetables) can help reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol?
4. According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, which summer sport/activity resulted in the greatest number of head injuries?
D. Powered Recreational Vehicles
5. What form of carbohydrate is stored in muscle and used to release energy?
6. People who store fat in the abdomen region are at a higher risk for heart disease than those who store fat in their hips or thighs?
7. Which nutrient is the main source of fuel for the body?
8. According to the American heart Association, what percentage of US adults is reported to have high blood pressure?
9. Muscles are categorized as 3 types, which one of the following is NOT considered a muscle type?
10. How many muscles are in the human body?