Monday, July 23, 2012

A tasty treat for you

I've shared a few smoothie recipes with you, now I would like to share one of my favorite snack recipes.  I got this from the gang at the Paleo Plan.  I've been dabbling with eating the "paleo" diet (mostly veggies, fruits, and meat, and lots of almond and coconut substitutes.  I've noticed much less inflammation in my body and less bloating in the gut.  Eating meat almost every day, however, can be a bit much for some.

this recipe is a simple way to add fruit, veggies and nuts into your diet.  Thee are probably the tastiest muffins I've ever eaten, I hope you enjoy.

Carrot Banana Muffins.  Normally I would not recommend eating muffins, as most muffins that you think of are loaded with sugar or fat (or both) and are not healthy for you.  However, this recipe is quite different.  Try them and let me know what you think...


Ingredients
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 Tbs cinnamon
  • 1 cup dates, pitted
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
  • ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
  • muffin paper liners
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  3. In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil.
  4. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and blend until completely combined.
  5. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
  6. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
  7. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

No comments: