Here is this months' Questionnaire. Post your answers in the Comments link at the bottom of the page. Good luck!
Answers will be posted on October 15th.
1. Which of the following foods has the most fiber?
B. Black Beans
2. Ina recent research study, which of the following 3 exercises were the MOST effective for strengthening the chest muscles?
A. Barbell bench press, pec deck, bent-forward cable crossovers
B. Suspended pushups, incline dumbbell fly’s, dips
C. Barbell bench press, stability ball pushups, chest press machines
D. Dips, bent-forward cable crossovers, standard pushups on floor
3. Which food has the most calcium?
A. Fresh, cooked kale (1 cup)
B. Broccoli (raw) – 1 medium stalk
C. Spinach, cooked (1 cup)
D. Collards, boiled (1 cup)
4. Which of the following foods has the most iron?
A. Kidney Beans, cooked (1 cup)
B. White mushroom, boiled (1 cup)
C. Pumpkin seeds (1oz)
D. Chickpeas/hummus (1 cup)
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the variables that effect metabolic rate (the rate at which our body burns calories)?
D. Body temperature
6. Fish oil (at least 9000mg EPA/DHA per day) helps to reduce inflammation in our body, can help lower body fat, and can increase testosterone levels?
7. The following foods are good sources of which nutrient?
D. All of the above
8. Water is one of the most important parts to losing weight. How many ounces of water (on average) should you aim to drink per day?
9. Which of the following foods contains more sugar?
A. An ounce of regular cola
B. An ounce of ketchup
C. An ounce of orange juice
D. An ounce of Gatorade
10. How many calories do you have to burn in order to lose 1 pound ?
11. What is the #1 leading cause of death in the USA?
C. Heart Disease
12. What is the daily amount of steps a person should walk in a day to equal 5 miles?
13. The most important preventable cause of premature death in the United States is?
A. Poor diet
B. Cigarette smoking
C. Lack of medical checkups
14. The morning is the best time of day to exercise?
15. The best way to tone your muscles without bulking up is to perform many reps with lighter weights?