Monday, December 3, 2012

Almond Pumpkin Pancakes


This has become one of my favorite breakfasts, along with a side of 4 eggs.  I will admit, I was already a big pancake lover, but after making these I don't think I will ever go back to "traditional" pancakes (white flour, brown sugar,etc).

These make for a great Fall breakfast, but can be enjoyed anytime of year, however, with pumpkin in season they taste even better.  Try these for yourself and let me know what you think.



Recipe provided by Megan, the Detoxinista...

Ingredients:

1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 whole organic eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp raw honey

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking sheet with  parchment paper
*Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until a smooth mixture forms
*Pour batter into 4-6" pancakes on the baking sheet
*Bake for 10-12 minutes (every oven is different)
*Serve with fruit of your choice (bluberries, bananas, strawberries) and I use Greek yogurt instead of syrup

No comments: