Had lots going on during the month of February, so much that I forgot to post a Health Questionnaire during that month. So considering this month is National Nutrition Month, I wanted to focus all of the questions on nutrition.
Answers will be posted on the 20th
1. How long after exercises is the optimum time to consume a recovery meal?
A. 30-45 min.
B. 60-90 min.
C. 90-120 min.
D. 120-150 min.
2. Whey protein is considered a “slow releasing” protein?
3. How many calories are in 1 gram of carbohydrates?
4. What is the optimum amount of protein to consume in order to maximize muscle growth for the average-sized male?
5. Which of the following countries has the highest consumption rate of High Fructose Corn Syrup?
C. United Kingdom
D. None of the Above
6. Quinoa is not considered a complete protein (a food that contains all 9 essential amino acids?
7. For exercise lasting longer than 30 minutes, the ideal ratio of carbohydrate to protein is ________ to maximize recovery.
8. To enhance recovery and promote muscle building, it’s best to consume which of the following after exercise?
A. Protein only
B. Carbohydrates only
C. Protein and Carbohydrates
D. Fats and Carbohydrates
9. How many calories are in 1 teaspoon of sugar?
10. What is the recommended daily sodium intake?