Friday, November 2, 2012

Continuing education

I'm excited to visit the Portland, OR area this weekend to learn some new fitness ideas.  I will be attending the Fall Fitness & Training Forum hosted by Northwest Personal Training.  It will be great to meet lots of new people in the fitness industry and network a little.  Talking with others to see what works for them may open a new door for my training.  The fitness industry is constantly evolving, and as a trainer I want to stay up to date as much as possible.

One of the presenters at the conference will be Frasier Quelch, who is the Director of Training and Development at TRX.  He was also recently awarded the IDEA Program Director of the Year.  I will be attending most of his sessions during the conference and hope to come away with a better understanding of movement-based exercises.  He will share many of his training philosophies and methodologies that I hope to be able to use with my clients.

No comments: